Every night of last year, she swinged on that swing,
in the park behind your house, waiting, for something.
But it was dust that she could see,
and she meant nothing to me,
I could see her from my window,
And it was raining.
Every evening, just around eight, in the dark, I saw her wait,
Saw her swing and anticipate, and nervously swearing.
Every now and then, I heard her sigh,
They said she was craving to die.
And when I saw her talk to the stars,
That is exactly, what she must be saying.
Came the dark night, I can’t forget,
She lay waiting in the wet,
It kept raining on and on
The clouds thundered, the sky bled.
And I stood quietly by my post,
In my hand, I held a toast,
To praise the heavens for their finale,
And I drank cheerily for this was the end,
For an entire year, every night, she swung,
On that dainty old piece of junk,
And the entire last year, we managed
to stay indoors, and silently wait.
And that night, I know you heard me
It was just an old oak tree
They say, she never saw it coming,
But she had been waiting since a year for this day.
amazing..!!! i love the way all the expressions pour out..! :)
ReplyDeleteNice One Maddy :) I like that i can "see" what you write.
ReplyDeleteWaiting to read many more from you.
I didn't understand a word. Well maybe a couple of words..
ReplyDeleteyou have a way with 'anticipation' and 'memories'.
ReplyDeletei like that in your writing. BUT i would love to read something besides 'memories'.
@Anaya : thank you so much lady
ReplyDelete@Anky : sure! you're on dude.. i have decided to be faithful to myself, and write more often , instead of day dreaming.
@Austin : someday you will baby!!:)
@Ankit : this poem if Especially dedicated to you..
Brilliant., can get brillianter if u start smokin pot.
ReplyDelete